University of California, Santa Cruz, CA Sep 2013 - Dec 2018
- PhD, Computer Science Dec 2018
University of Potsdam, Hasso Plattner Institute, Germany Oct 2006 - Apr 2012
- Master of Science, IT Systems Engineering Apr 2012
- Bachelor of Science, IT Systems Engineering Sep 2009
- Bachelor Thesis: RESTful Object-oriented Middleware for Distributed Squeak Applications
University of California, Davis, CA Sep 2010 - June 2011
- Study Abroad Program
Google, Mountain View, CA
- Software engineer (GSuite/Gmail Security) Dec 2018 - now
- Software engineering intern (Gmail and Android security and software development) Jun 2017 - Sep 2017
Y Combinator Research, San Francisco, CA Jun 2016 - Sep 2016
- Research intern (development of end-user programming environments)
Innervision Computers, Scotts Valley, CA
- Full-stack developer (development and deployment of scalable web applications) Jun 2015 - Sep 2015
- Software development intern (React, NodeJS, etc.) Jun 2014 - Sep 2014
SAP Labs LLC, Palo Alto, CA May 2012 - May 2013
tripunkt GmbH, Berlin Apr 2007 - Apr 2012
- Software developer (development of enterprise software with focus on web and mobile)
- CMPS5P Introduction to Programming in Python (UCSC) Summer 2018
- CMPS5P Introduction to Programming in Python (UCSC) Fall 2017
- CMPS5P Introduction to Programming in Python (UCSC) Winter 2017
- CMPS130 Computational Models (UCSC) Winter 2018
- CMPS104A Fundamentals of Compiler Design I (UCSC) Spring 2017
- CMPS104A Fundamentals of Compiler Design I (UCSC) Fall 2016
- CMPS 112 Comparative Programming Languages (UCSC) Winter 2016
- CMPS130 Computational Models (UCSC) Fall 2015
- CMPS112 Comparative Programming Languages (UCSC) Winter 2015
- CMPS104A Fundamentals of Compiler Design I (UCSC) Fall 2014
- CMPS112 Comparative Programming Languages (UCSC) Winter 2014
- CMPS104A Fundamentals of Compiler Design I (UCSC) Fall 2013
- SWT1 - Software Engineering (HPI) Summer semester 2009
- SWA - Software Architecture (HPI) Winter semester 2008
- Christopher Schuster, Sohum Banerjea, Cormac Flanagan. esverify: Verifying Dynamically-Typed Higher-Order Functional Programs by SMT Solving International Symposium on Implementation and Application of Functional Languages (IFL 2018). August 2018. Lowell, MA, USA.
- Robin Graichen, Udo Heller, Eric Linhart, Andreas Müller, Christopher Schuster. Coalizer: A Coalition Tool Combining Office and Policy Motivations of Political Parties European Consortium for Political Research General Conference (ECPR 2018). August 2018. Hamburg, Germany.
- Christopher Schuster, Cormac Flanagan. Live Programming by Example: Using Direct Manipulation for Live Program Synthesis LIVE workshop on live programming systems (LIVE 2016). July 2016. Rome, Italy.
- Christopher Schuster, Tim Disney, Cormac Flanagan. Macrofication: Refactoring by Reverse Macro Expansion Programming Languages and Systems: 25th European Symposium on Programming (ESOP 2016). April 2016. Eindhoven, NL.
- Christopher Schuster, Cormac Flanagan. Reactive Programming with Reactive Variables Constrained and Reactive Objects Workshop, MODULARITY Companion 2016 (CROW 2016). March 2016. Malaga, Spain.
- Christopher Schuster, Cormac Flanagan. Live Programming for Event-Based Languages Proceedings of the 2015 Reactive and Event-based Languages and Systems Workshop (REBLS '15). October 2015. Pittsburgh, PA.
- Christopher Schuster, Cormac Flanagan. Traveling through Time and Code: Omniscient Debugging and Beyond Presented at the Future Programming Workshop (FPW '14). October 2014. Portland, OR.
- Christopher Schuster, Bipeng Zhang, Rajan Vaish, Paulo Gomes, Jacob Thomas, James Davis. RTI Compression for Mobile Devices Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Information Technology and Multimedia at UNITEN (ICIMu 2014). November 2014. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Christopher Schuster, Malte Appeltauer, Robert Hirschfeld. Context-oriented Programming for Mobile Devices: JCop on Android Proceedings of the Workshop on Context-oriented Programming (COP '11). July 2011. Lancaster, UK.
Contributes to open source projects, (see e.g. Github profile).
Former organizer for SlugLUG, the official UC Santa Cruz Linux User Group.
Fluent in both German and English; likes to makes music and travel around the world; hobby photographer.